PHYSICAL DUTY CLASSIFICATION: Medium
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Rig Manager
REVIEWING SUPERVISOR: Region/Division Manager
POSITION PURPOSE: Supervise the rig crews, monitor drilling operations, operate drilling equipment and report drilling operations to the Rig Manager.
Successful completion of pre-hire physical assessment and drug screen.
Current Well Control Certificate.
Cyber drilling experience considered a plus
- Understand the requirements of the Company Management System (to include policies, procedures, and expectations) and perform duties in accordance with them.
- Assist in the assessment of the implementation and effectiveness of the Company Management System by the use of audit checklists as directed by the Rig Manager.
- Propose recommendations for improvements to the Company Management System or practices.
- Understand that everyone has the responsibility, authority, and obligation to interrupt an operation if a condition or behavior is observed which could cause harm to people, assets or the environment and act on this understanding as required. (Stop work authority)
- Identify hazards in the workplace and implement sufficient controls to prevent incidents.
- Coordinate and/or lead pre-tour and pre-task meetings.
- Monitor the drilling operation and provide supervision and guidance to rig crews as needed.
- Operate the rig equipment as designed.
- Follow the direction of the Rig Manager and Client Representative in order to construct the well as designed.
- Complete relevant sections of the IADC Daily Drilling Report for each tour.
- Assist the Rig Manager in managing the daily operating costs to align with budgetary goals.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is performed on rig equipment as per Company Maintenance System.
- Maintain good housekeeping on the drilling location to include rig components, offices and accommodations.
- Assist the Rig Manager with the rig mobilization from rig down on current location to rig up on new location.
- Report incidents, equipment failures, system failures and abnormalities as per Company procedures.
- Participate in investigations as directed by Rig Manager.
- Assist the Rig Manager with developing and maintaining a compatible working relationship with the Client Representative on the drilling location.
- Assist the Rig Manager with monitoring 3rd party activities that take place on the drilling location and provide guidance regarding Company procedures.
- Conduct performance reviews with rig crews as per the People Development process.
- Train and mentor Derrickmen who are interested in a Driller position.
Complete all Company required training as per the People Development process.
Mathematical skills to perform well construction calculations for displacement, volume, torque limits, tensile limits, etc.
Computer skills to enter data in IADC Daily Drilling Report and other Company databases as required.
Ability to operate drill recording and monitoring equipment and set parameters as required.
Written communication skills to complete written reports as required.