DEPARTMENT: Technical Services
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Area Maintenance Manager
REVIEWING SUPERVISOR: Area Manager
POSITION PURPOSE: To perform repair work and assist with maintenance work as required on rigs in a specified area.
- Make repairs as required to all electrical equipment on the rig.
- Assist with maintenance activities in accordance with specified frequency and document in the Rig Maintenance System.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with operating procedures.
- Install new equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications, safe practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Assist other Technical Services personnel and Motormen with the preventive maintenance in accordance with the Rig Maintenance System as it applies to all equipment.
- Assist Rig Manager in ordering necessary parts and supplies
- Participate in pre-job safety meetings and utilize the Sidewinder STRIKE Risk Management Process for all tasks to maintain safe working conditions at all times.
- Support the Sidewinder People Development Process to ensure personnel are being developed and made available for promotion opportunities within the company.
- Report all incidents.
- Reinforce safe behaviors.
- Correct any unsafe condition and redirect any unsafe behaviors.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Rig Manager(s).
- Must have two (2) or more years of experience as an electrician in the oil or heavy equipment industry.
- Completion of an acceptable curriculum at an appropriate trade school is a plus.
- Must have an industrial electrical experience in three (3) phase power and power generation and have the ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to utilize the PLC as a troubleshooting aid is a plus.
- This position will be responsible for the repair and maintenance requirements of one (1) or more rigs in a specified area.
To qualify for this position, the employee in addition must meet the following requirements within six (6) months:
- Attend applicable electrical and VFD schools (prior attendance accepted upon review and approval)
- Attend A/C and Refrigeration school (prior attendance accepted upon review and approval)
- Attend hydraulic training (prior attendance accepted upon review and approval)
- Attend top drive training (prior attendance accepted upon review and approval)
- Become knowledgeable of Sidewinder’s Rig Maintenance System
- Become knowledgeable of applicable regulatory requirements of the rig assigned
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable of the power and distribution systems of the rig to which assigned
License Requirements: Not Applicable
Performance Appraisal: Employee must maintain an acceptable performance review profile.
Supervisor’s Recommendation: If position is acquired by transfer or promotion, it must be accompanied by a written recommendation from this person’s immediate supervisor and Rig Manager.