DEPARTMENT: Technical Services
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Area Maintenance Manager
REVIEWING SUPERVISOR: Area Manager
POSITION PURPOSE: To maintain the diesel generators and all other equipment on the rig.
- Make necessary repairs to all mechanical/electrical equipment on the rig.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with operating procedures.
- Assist motormen with the preventive maintenance in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance Program as it applies to all equipment.
- Assist Rig Manager in ordering parts and supplies
- Participate in pre-job safety meetings and utilize the Sidewinder STRIKE Risk Management Process for all tasks to maintain safe working conditions at all times.
- Support the Sidewinder People Development Process to ensure personnel are being developed and made available for promotion opportunities within the company.
- Report all incidents.
- Reinforce safe behaviors.
- Correct any unsafe condition and redirect any unsafe behaviors.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Rig Manager(s).
- Must be a fully qualified Mechanic, with an industrial electrical background and hydraulic experience.
- New hire employees must have two (2) years experience as a Mechanic in the oil or heavy equipment industry or have completed an acceptable curriculum at an appropriate trade school.
- Ability to utilize the PLC’s as a trouble shooting aid is a plus.
- This position will be responsible for the maintenance of two (2) rigs that are within 100 miles of each other.
- Ability to read and understand hydraulic schematics
To qualify for this position, the employee in addition must meet the following requirements within six (6) months:
- Attend appropriate diesel engine school (prior attendance accepted upon review & approval)
- Attend A/C and refrigeration school (prior attendance accepted upon review & approval)
- Attend hydraulic training (prior attendance accepted upon review & approval)
- Attend top drive training (prior attendance accepted upon review & approval)
- Become knowledgeable of Sidewinder’s Planned Maintenance Program
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable of the power and mechanical equipment of the rig to which assigned
- Complete the Mechanic OJT module.
License Requirements: Not Applicable
Performance Appraisal: Employee must maintain an acceptable performance appraisal profile.
Supervisor’s Recommendation: If position is acquired by transfer or promotion, it must be accompanied by a written recommendation from this person’s immediate supervisor and Rig Manager.