PHYSICAL DUTY CLASSIFICATION: Heavy
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Driller
REVIEWING SUPERVISOR: Rig Manager
POSITION PURPOSE: Monitor and report the general condition of rig equipment. Perform maintenance and repairs to rig equipment as directed by the Rig Manager. Assist with drilling operations as directed by the Driller.
Successful completion of pre-hire physical assessment and drug screen.
Have the ability to climb and perform maintenance and repairs to heights up to 175’.
- Understand the requirements of the Company Management System (to include policies, procedures, and expectations) and perform duties in accordance with them.
- Propose recommendations for improvements to the Company Management System or practices.
- Understand that everyone has the responsibility, authority, and obligation to interrupt an operation if a condition or behavior is observed which could cause harm to people, assets or the environment and act on this understanding as required. (Stop work authority)
- Identify hazards in the workplace and implement sufficient controls to prevent incidents.
- Participate in pre-tour meetings and participate in and/or lead pre-task meetings.
- Work under the direction of the Driller and/or Rig Manager.
- Take regularly scheduled readings of specific rig equipment and record them as directed by the Rig Manager.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on rig equipment as per Company Maintenance System.
- Communicate specific maintenance or repair needs to the Rig Manager as required. (i.e.: the need to have 3rd party or Region/Division field service technician’s assistance.)
- Monitor and report the inventory of spare parts and lubricants for rig equipment as directed by the Rig Manager.
- Work on the rig floor during tripping operations as directed by the Driller.
- Operate pipe handling equipment on the drilling location.
- Maintain good housekeeping on the drilling location to include rig components, offices and accommodations.
- Report incidents, equipment failures, system failures and abnormalities as per Company procedures.
- Train and mentor Floormen who are interested in a Motorman position.
Complete all Company required training as per the People Development process.
Mathematical skills sufficient to perform calculations for equipment hours, usage of liquids and inventory of spares.
Computer skills to enter data in Company maintenance database as required.