POSITION: Payroll Administrator
PHYSICAL DUTY CLASSIFICATION: Heavy
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Payroll Manager
POSITION PURPOSE: The Payroll Administrator is accountable for performing a wide range of duties ensuring accurate and timely payment of wages in accordance with Company policy while ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
- Audits and imports payroll data such as hours, per diem and oil based mud from NAV into ADP
- Enters new hires into ADP
- Sets up garnishments and liens
- Calculates retro pays and runs bonus payrolls as necessary
- Maintains confidentiality of all employee information and pay data
- Scans completed payrolls and saves them on the payroll drive
- Completes the secondary audit before every payroll to double check all rates/GTL amounts
- Verifies the Oil based mud rates for all active rigs
- Creates periodic reports for various departments upon request such as, employee earnings, deductions, man hours, etc
- Completes verifications of employment
- Processes stop pays and reissues paychecks
- Prepares 401K file for upload to Fidelity
- Sorts and distributes mail
- Answer questions from employees and supervisors regarding payroll matters.
A High School diploma or equivalent is required. 3 years payroll experience, and advanced excel skills required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel using VLookup, Pivot tables, and Subtotaling
Must have excellent PC skills and be able to follow step by step written instructions.
Good communication skills.
Detail oriented with attention to accuracy a must.
Is team-oriented and works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
Ideal candidate must have excellent prioritization skills and the ability to handle a multi-task environment.
Self Starter who can work independently.
Good employee/customer service skills.